The global home healthcare market size is anticipated to reach USD 517.23 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period. Demand for home healthcare services is rising owing to benefits such as improved patient outcome, long term care, cost efficiency, elimination of unnecessary hospitalization, and patient preferred settings.
Growing incidence of target diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s as well as orthopedic diseases is expected to stoke the growth of the market. Increasing treatment cost is one of the prime concerns for governments and healthcare organizations and they are, therefore, striving to curb healthcare costs.
Increasing disposable income is enabling patients to take up home healthcare services. In addition, internet is responsible for providing integrated technology, which bridges treatment options. Setting up of hospitals and healthcare centers require huge capital investment, this is leading to merger and acquisition of market players in order to capitalize opportunities and boost market growth.
For instance, National Nursing & Rehab acquired Home Health Services in 2014 in order to expand their service in Texas metropolitan areas. Insurance plans have been formulated by government to cater long term needs of the patients. For instance, about 40.0% of revenues generated for Homecare Medical Equipment (HME) is covered by Medicare and Medicaid.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Home Healthcare Market Analysis Report By Component (Equipment (Diagnostic, Therapeutic, Mobility Assist), Services (Rehabilitation, Infusion Therapy, Respiratory Therapy Services)) And Segment Forecasts 2018 – 2025“ at:https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/home-healthcare-industry
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Services dominated the component segment in 2016. Rehabilitation services accounted for more than 59.0% of the overall home healthcare services market in 2016
- The therapeutic equipment segment dominated the home healthcare equipment market in 2016. Growing prevalence of respiratory & urological disorders coupled with introduction of technologically advanced products suitable for home healthcare, such as portable dialysis machines, is one of the key growth stimulants
- North America dominated the home healthcare market in 2016. This can be attributed to presence of advanced medical infrastructure, high awareness among patients, and comparatively higher healthcare expenditure in the region
- Some of the key players in this vertical are Almost Family Inc.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Abbott Laboratories; Sunrise Medical; 3M Healthcare; Baxter International Inc.; Medtronic; Cardinal Health Inc.; F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG; and Air Liquide.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Ultrasound Device Market – The global Ultrasound Device Market size was valued at USD 6,833.0 million in 2015.
- Borage Oil Market – The Global borage oil market size exceeded 1,500 tons in 2015.
- Therapeutic Bed Market – The global Therapeutic Bed Market size was valued at USD 2.6 billionin 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% over the next eight years.
- Neurology Devices Market – The global neurology devices market size was valued at USD 6.2 billion in 2014.
Grand View Research has segmented the global home healthcare market on the basis of component and region:
- Home Healthcare Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Mobility assist
- Rehabilitation services
- Unskilled home care
- Respiratory therapy services
- Infusion therapy services
- Home Healthcare Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.